Re: [pygame] 1.9.2 release coming soon, last call for patches

Sprite groups act more like sets unless you are using a OrderedGroup subclass (which uses a list instead of a dict for sprite membership).  In that case, I think it is appropriate that "add" is used instead of "append".

In any case, groups are not lists, so I would just impress onto your students that there is a difference.  Groups are more like a collection of things, generally unordered, while lists are ordered.  It may be a good time to introduce them to how hashing algorithms work, and the fundamentals of sets and dictionaries.