Re: [pygame] How to prevent mouse initialization in Pygame

Hi Theo, thank you very much for the reply! As of blinking text cursor problem, I succeeded with finding an answer here. In order to get rid of blinking text cursor one should issue under the root user the following command:

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/cursor_blink

Note that this change doesn’t survive the reboot, so I added it to my application before pygame initialization.

I also managed to solve the “screen going black” problem. It turned out that it’s just a some sort of monitor lifetime care or energy saving and it isn’t related to pygame or systemd. Here is the solution that helped me to solve the problem.

So it seems all my troubles with running pygame-based Python application as a systemd service are gone now. A huge thank you to everyone who participated in this long discussion!