[pygame] Is there any reason to call sys.exit() to close a pygame program?

I usually quit pygame by breaking out of the main loop and calling pygame.quit() followed by sys.exit(), but I can't remember anymore where I learned to use sys.exit and why it should be used.

pygame.quit seems to be actually useful because at least IDLE (or other tkinter applications, too?) has trouble to close the pygame window, but what about sys.exit? It seems to be unnecessary.

Regards,
Skorpio