[pygame] pygame 1.9.5, SDL1 bug fixes, and a possible SDL 1.2.16 release

Hello,

From some helpful issue reports, and some hunting by myself around the internet, I've become aware that there are many random patches for SDL1 floating about on the internet. Also, that quite a lot of patches have been committed to an SDL 1.2 branch (but not all). And also that some distros are better than others at applying patches (three cheers to Debian!).

Trying to coordinate the work of gathering the fixes here:
https://discourse.libsdl.org/t/interest-in-a-sdl-1-2-bugfix-release/24784/9

But I'll link it up in the pygame issue tracker too.

0) try and get support from other SDL 1.2 using projects to help.
1) The main plan is to find out which patches are already in the SDL 1.2 branch (and also for sdl_mixer, sdl_ttf, sdl_image). Then submit the ones not as new SDL bug tracker issues, and try and get them fixed.
2) Then to try and do a release candidate for pygame 1.9.5 for at least linux and mac using the 1.2 branches to try and do some QA.

This should fix several outstanding annoying little bugs on various platforms. Including not being able to load some .wav files, to window resizing and tearing on linux.

I decided to do it this way, rather than just applying patches to pygame because it's better to work upstream if possible so more people benefit, and more people can help too.

As far as pygame 1.9.5 goes, this round of QA is important because every single file in the repo has changed to include the conditional SDL2 compilation.

cheers,