[pygame] PYGGEL (PYthon Graphical Game Engine and Libraries)

Hello everyone,

This is just a quick message to inform you that Matthew Roe have been working again on his PYGGEL project for a few months now.

PYGGEL is described as a “OpenGL powered 2D/3D prototyping game engine”.

It works using Pygame but also PyOpenGL and Numpy.

You can see a small showcase of games using it on the Pygame website.

According to the names of the branches pyggel-2 and net-lib Matthew seems to be working on v2 of his engine and the addition of a networking library.

I think it his efforts shouldn’t stay hidden and we should keep a close look at this very interesting project.

Maybe PYGGEL could benefit from the knowledge of the Pygame developers in terms of techniques to refactor code, do better unit-testing and continuous integration.

Best regards,

Marc-Alexandre