Re: [pygame] chewy changes to cvs

> Thanks for the refresher. I used to think I was a C/C++ programmer, but
> now I'm getting spoiled by Java which has few less ways for me to shoot
> myself in the foot. Consequently, I'm all too quickly forgetting where
> the quirks of C/C++ lie. But even so, that was a pretty brainless train
> of thought that led me to that conclusion.

python's been spoiling me that way too. (un)fortunately my
"""real work""" keeps me in touch with my C/C++ background :]

> At any rate, pygame is coming along rather nicely. I even added some
> stupid sounds to my stupid little game the other day, and it was
> wonderfully painless!  I have written an extra module that does shaped
> collision detection ( ok, ok, I ripped the code from SGE, but I did
> _assemble_ it myself :) and it plugged nicely into your archetecture.
> Quite wonderful stuff, this pygame!

great. the C side interface for pygame is designed to work rather
well with either a mainly C program with a few python sections, or
a mainly python module with a few C sections for speed.

glad that worked though. i've been eying "sge" myself for some
of its features, but haven't followed through on anything yet :]