Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.3

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Pete Shinners wrote:

>Leonardo Santagada wrote:
>
>> When is pygame 1.3 going to be released? I really want to get all the
>> bug fixes in pygame, but I don't want to setup a C compiler to compile
>> cvs or cvs-snapshot. Maybe Pete Shinners can pre-release 1.3beta for
>> developers, this way when 1.3 is out people already has games using the
>> new code, and  have already found out all the new bugs. Or someone can
>> talk to Pete Shinners and just compile and put in contrib the cvs-snapshot.
>

>1.3 is pretty close. i'm trying to wrap up some final new documentation.
>i've also cleaned up the examples, but i need to doublecheck that
>they're ok.

As for releases, do you know wether pygame will come back to woody some
day? By mistake I blindly upgraded my machine at home, and pygame got
nuked because of some new SDL packages. I kinda got used to having is as a
package. :) I'm holding off upgrades on my work machine so that I don't
nuke pygame there too, and thus lose my last devel box... Which would
basically suck a little.

I assume the package just needs to be rebuilt and re-submitted, but I'm
not really sure. The Debian system is mildly confusing for us newbies.

--
    - "Remember -- that which does not kill us can only make us stronger."
    - "And that which does kill us leaves us dead!"