Re: [pygame] Pygame 1.3

Leonardo Santagada wrote:

> When is pygame 1.3 going to be released? I really want to get all the
> bug fixes in pygame, but I don't want to setup a C compiler to compile
> cvs or cvs-snapshot. Maybe Pete Shinners can pre-release 1.3beta for
> developers, this way when 1.3 is out people already has games using the
> new code, and  have already found out all the new bugs. Or someone can
> talk to Pete Shinners and just compile and put in contrib the cvs-snapshot.

1.3 is pretty close. i'm trying to wrap up some final new documentation.
i've also cleaned up the examples, but i need to doublecheck that
they're ok.

the real work for a pygame release is getting all the binaries built.
it's not too bad, but at this point we'll just wait for the real 1.3
deal. :]

i was hoping to get it out this week, but some downtime has probably
pushed it into next week. perhaps this weekend (don't hold breath)

what platform did you want a quick compiles snapshot for? perhaps i
could zip something up real quick (oh, and which python version too?)