Re: [pygame] new tutorials

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:40, Pete Shinners wrote:
> Help! How Do I Move An Image?
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/MoveIt.html

The formatting of some of the interactive stuff is a little off for me
(Konqeuror 2.2.1)... I think it's because you've used leading tabs... if you
just whacked the <pre> in a <blockquote> you'd get the indentation you want.
Or you could CSS the indentation. Don't know if anyone else has a problem
with the indentation. For example, the section Smooth Movement has an example:

        >>> screen = create_screen()
    >>> player = load_player_image()
        >>> background = load_background_image()
        >>> screen.blit(background, (0, 0))     #draw the background
    >>> position = player.get_rect()
        >>> screen.blit(player, position)       #draw the player
        >>> pygame.display.update()             #and show it all
        >>> for x in range(100):                #animate 100 frames
     ...     screen.blit(background, position, position) #erase
      ...     position = position.move(2, 0)  #move player
    ...     screen.blit(player, position)   #draw new player
        ...     pygame.display.update()         #and show it all
        ...     pygame.time.delay(100)          #stop the program for 1/10

Otherwise, it's a _great_ tutorial - I think it'll help the ultra-newbies
_heaps_ :)

    Richard