Re: [pygame] new tutorials

Pete Shinners wrote:

> As we approach the release of pygame-1.3, i've put together a batch of
> new examples and tutorials. they are currently all online (although
> it'll probably be tricky to try the new examples unless you grab it
> all from cvs)

Great idea!

> Help! How Do I Move An Image?
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/MoveIt.html

Great tutorial, maybe next would be "Move it 2" explaning how to use
functions to clear an sprite.

> Chimp Line By Line
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/ChimpLineByLine.html
> The chimp example has been completely rewritten. It now uses the new
> sprite module, and includes lots of error checking, good reusable
> code. The tutorial has also been updated for the new code. There's
> also some fun new features for the chimp example. I really wanted to
> "clean up" the simple code it used before, since i was beginning to
> see it in so many places :]

I don't see the new version, going from the doc page I get revision 1.2
and don't even import the sprite module, but maybe it is a cache problem
with Mozilla.

> Sprite Module Introduction
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/SpriteInto.html

This one was just in time, when I was thinking about reading all the
aliens example to see how the sprite module works you make this tut.
Just great.

    In my opion there are only two things left to do is in the sprite
module. It needs an rotating sprite, one that you pass one image and it
uses the transform module to rotate it. Also other types of collision
detection.
    Also the tuts are needing more colors or something to make the more
easy on the eyes, they are too much b&w. Maybe some images to help
explain somethings.(note: I find then very well written and easy to follow)

This will make a very good and easy 1.3 version.