Re: [pygame] Fun with C modules

>On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 04:14:52PM +1100, Richard Jones wrote:

>> I took a set of timings (render 100 frames and then time the next 100
>> frames), turning each of the C modules on and off:
>>
>>              No C: 7fps
>>          C octree: 7fps
>>          C frusum: 8fps
>>        C triangle: 10fps
>>  C octree&frustum: 8fps
>>     C frustum&tri: 11fps
>>      C octree&tri: 26fps
>>               all: 41fps
>>
>> Well, what strange numbers. At 41fps my "game" is quite playable. Sure, most
>> of the work is done in a single call to a C module, but Python's still there
>> holding it all together :)

Hmm, I didn't get your original mail, so I assume it wasn't sent to the
list. Using PyOpenGL along with some hw-accel I manage to crank out quite
nice fps values without any optimization at all, except a display list.
The scene is 100x100x2 textured triangles, along with a few hundred other
textured quads. No C code at all.

--
"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
              "Have you thought of going into teaching?"