Re: [pygame] Fun with C modules

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Richard Jones wrote:

>So I can't _change_ the landscape, and now I understand why that doesn't
>happen in games. Instead of stuffing my triangles into the octree, I just
>stuffed them into a display list. Frame rate went up from 42fps to 88fps.
>Without me converting any of the tris to tristrips.

You could have the landscape divided into, say, 16 pieces (4x4) and thus
have 16 lists. Then use some simplified culling code to only draw those
parts that are visible. Could save you some time. Or maybe not, I haven't
tried that yet, but I will do it for my terrain stuff.

--
                        "Bingeley bingeley beep!"
               -- The Personal Disorganizer, Terry Pratchett in Feet of Clay