Re: [pygame] font.c is broken for unicode in pygame 1.5.2 and above

David Handy wrote:
I'm new to the list. I thought I would post this in an attempt to
help out pygame development and help others avoid the pain I just
went through.
david, thanks for the report! sorry to hear this bit you too. this has been fixed in CVS recently, and i'm eager to get a new release out. hopefully you will be the last to ever hit this snag.

expect a pygame-1.5.5 by the end of the year with this fix. been so busy with "real life" poor pygame sits abondoned this past week.

if you grab and compile the cvs version of pygame, you won't have this problem. if that's not easy, hopefully a week of waiting will also see this fixed.