Re: [pygame] Pygame with Windows 98

Sounds like a data-alignment issue, though why that would be a problem in this particular case I don't know. You see such things with OpenGL quite often if you mis-specify packing or image size.

Good luck,
Mike

Jim Scott wrote:

I do most of my development in Linux but now I want to port a simple program
from Linux to Windows. In Linux, my program works as expected. In Windows,
though, the surfaces appear corrupted. I have some .jpg files and some text I'm
rendering with the system Arial font. Sometimes the images are displayed
correctly. Usually, though, the images are displayed as if on a slant, or
jagged. If I minimize the window, then maximize, the images will occasionally
snap back to a proper display, but then rever to the jagged display.

The images are also banded. I have an image that is about 400 pixels tall. It
displays in about 10 bands. The bands are all offset. Within the bands, the
images look italicized or slanted.

Any ideas on what's going on?

 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder