Re: [pygame] text borders?

> Is there a way to cause text to be drawn with a border? For example I
> have status messages that start at the bottom of the screen and float
> upward in video game style.. the text is black but would be more visible
> with something like a one pixel white border around it.

Don't know how fast it would be, but a quick and dirty way would be to
blit the text five times to a temporary surface. In white four times,
one pixel to the north, south, east and west, then black in the
regular position. Then use THAT surface as your score indicator.

There might also be a way to do it with traditional kernel edge
detection-type things. Don't know enough about that to provide help.

Alan