[pygame] Is there any plans on implementing Overlay ?

Hi there,
I'm just wondering if you have any plans to implement an Overlay support in pygame in order to accommodate SDL features.
Right now I'm forced to implement this functionality in my custom module to have it available from Python.
If you wish I can provide that component so we can embed it into pygame.
Thanks a lot,
Bors/

BTW: I'm implementing a pymedia package which will allow simple decoding / encoding / playing all possible media formats from Python / PyGame.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pymedia/
or simple example:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pymedia/pycar-build-30.zip?download