Re: [pygame] Back to the banded/italicized image problem

Jim Scott wrote:
I posted a screenshot on the list some days ago showing a problem where I
loaded an image which didn't display properly. The images were banded and
appeared to be slanted.

I replaced my python, pygame, and SDL libraries, but the problem remains. I
tried the program on various other Windows machines, and it worked fine.

So, if the problem is in my Win98 install, any idea where I should look for
errors? Are there any particular system files that pygame or SDL relies upon to
render images?
jim, i saw your pics. i can't figure out what is going on here. i assume you've tried a wide range of jpegs? SDL and pygame rely on no standard windows libs to display images (well, outside directx and gdi). SDL_image has its own static version of libjpeg linked in.

just for testing, try grabbing the SDL_image.dll from the SDL site, it is here.
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/release/SDL_image-1.2.3-win32.zip

try replacing the dll's in your c:\python23\lib\site-packages\pygame folder with the ones in that zip. i'm curious if it will work any different.

i think this problem is specific to the windows machine you are on. i've done all my windows pygame work with win98. no one has yet seen anything like this. do you have any special "windows enhancers" on the machine? stuff that hooks into the base windows libs?