Re: [pygame] launching an app from python?

SGD wrote:

I attatched the funtions described to an icon in stani's python editor
and they executed just fine as long as the editor doesn't freeze up
while working so I can click it, ran side by side. What process do you
have to kill, python.exe\pythonw.exe?
Sorry i shuldnt have sued the word process. I have to quit the python program by closing the python shell.

I also have a cheap homemade wxpython app that works like "Object
Desktop" by stardock (if your familure with object desktop) who's sole
purpose is to offer me acsses to apps with various command line
parameters pre-set at my finger tips that can reside on the desktop only
(never above any windows) or on top of all windows at the click of a
button (hoping to release it if I can maintain the instances better (too
much resoures being used at the moment)), and it works fine for me also.
I'm using python 2.3.3 on XP pro but wrote the script with 2.2 and it
has worked fine with all releases since.
You got me courious, what do you think could be the problem with your
system that would cause such a thing? Am I describing what your looking
for.
maybe, i am not sure if this describes what i am looking for. i just need something very simple: to launch a program from another program. I do some python to open up a sound program and then send some values from python via some network protocole to make music on the sound program in real time. So both need to be up and running at the same time. I just dont want to run the programs manually but to integrate this action in my python program.

About the problem in my system.
Its not the first time that some code doesnt run on my machine and then somebody else says it works in another one. I am not sure about what could be the problem. Sounds pretty bizarre to me.

thanks

--
enrike ::