Re: [pygame] launching an app from python?

On Monday 29 December 2003 11:18 am, enrike wrote:
> SGD wrote:
> > I attatched the funtions described to an icon in stani's python editor
> > and they executed just fine as long as the editor doesn't freeze up
> > while working so I can click it, ran side by side. What process do you
> > have to kill, python.exe\pythonw.exe?
>
> Sorry i shuldnt have sued the word process. I have to quit the python
> program by closing the python shell.
>
> > I also have a cheap homemade wxpython app that works like "Object
> > Desktop" by stardock (if your familure with object desktop) who's sole
> > purpose is to offer me acsses to apps with various command line
> > parameters pre-set at my finger tips that can reside on the desktop only
> > (never above any windows) or on top of all windows at the click of a
> > button (hoping to release it if I can maintain the instances better (too
> > much resoures being used at the moment)), and it works fine for me also.
> > I'm using python 2.3.3 on XP pro but wrote the script with 2.2 and it
> > has worked fine with all releases since.
> >
> > You got me courious, what do you think could be the problem with your
> > system that would cause such a thing? Am I describing what your looking
> > for.
>
> maybe, i am not sure if this describes what i am looking for. i just
> need something very simple: to launch a program from another program. I
> do some python to open up a sound program and then send some values from
> python via some network protocole to make music on the sound program in
> real time. So both need to be up and running at the same time. I just
> dont want to run the programs manually but to integrate this action in
> my python program.
>
> About the problem in my system.
> Its not the first time that some code doesnt run on my machine and then
> somebody else says it works in another one. I am not sure about what
> could be the problem. Sounds pretty bizarre to me.

Sounds like Windows XP Home to me ...

Definitely something up with your system.

Do you have a real-time virus scanner (like Grisoft AVG) running? You know the
kind of thing: scans each executable before allowing it to run.

What about a firewall (like ZoneAlarm)? Is python.exe or pythonw.exe in the
list of restricted executables?

Do you have an up-to date virus scanner (see above)? Maybe you have a virus,

cheers,
John.