Re: [pygame] pyopengl and pygame

On Dec 21, 2004, at 4:16 PM, Richard Jones wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:31 am, programowanie1982@xxxxx wrote:
does anybody use the pyopengl with pygame?? is it stable and suitable for
3D engine develop??

Yes and yes. Something I started ages ago, and have only just picked up again
to play with:

http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/ufo/

Uses pyopengl for the bulk of the drawing, and pygame for input / event
handling and will use it for sound.

I did something a lot more complex than that with PyOpenGL and pygame. It was a simulation of department store with 3D modeled and texture mapped products (mostly relatively high polygon detergent bottles), tied into an RFID system. It also had running MPEGs of commercials. Had no performance problems at all (though all of my geometry was in display lists).

http://mastersofbranding.com/portfolio/project.php?id=156

The deployed version actually had much more complex scenes than those screen grabs... those were chosen because they looked better small.

-bob