[pygame] Re: Collision bounds smaller than sprite image

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think that creating a
second rect and storing it as an attribute is the way to go.  All of
the graphical adjustments and movements will be performed with the
normal rect attribute, and the actual collision and bounds tests will
be done with the collision_rect.

That is how I did it in pygsear:
http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/

(except I called it spriteobj.crect  :o)

 I guess it's not really that hard,
but I was really exhausted after writing a strip -> cel routine :D

Interesting ... I have been thinking about writing such a beastie for pygsear for the last few weeks... are you releasing your code?