Re: [pygame] Flood Fill

Bo Jangeborg wrote:
> Peter Shinners wrote:
>>

>> Do you mean replacing Numeric with the newer numarray? It is an overdue
[...]
> I have not been working with any of these packages so I realy don't know
> what I am talking about.
>
> Bo)

Hi everyone,

I am working with Numeric and scipy most of the time so I think I can
comment here.

Numeric isn't developed anymore and has traditionally some issues (bugs)
we learned to live with. The newer numarray extends Numeric with some
nifty features like masked arrays etc. mostly written in python.

Scipy is a package for Scientific computing which also extends Numeric
in certain ways.

This is a bit confusing for many new users since they don't know where
to start, so the scipy community decided there should be two packages
scipy_core: A replacement for Numeric
and
scipy: The traditional scipy scientific tools.

scipy_core isn't a rewrite but a great improvement of Numeric i.e. makes
it 64 bit ready (mostly Travis Oliphant has to be credited here).

Cheers,
Nikolai

--
"1984" is not a howto!