Re: [pygame] rendering wide unicode characters?

On Thursday 08 December 2005 19:35, Peter Shinners wrote:
> I would write this in straight SDL and SDL_ttf. Pygame just passes
> the unicode characters to SDL_ttf, but I am never sure if they are
> speaking the same unicode dialect.
>
> SDL_ttf has two functions for this. Pygame is always using the UTF8
> version.

As far as I understand (and from the docs) I can just pass unicode
strings to Font.render, and it will work. This example shows that for
some characters, it doesn't. Should I log a bug in a tracker
somewhere? I tried (in the example code) to pass the string encoded
as utf-16 and utf-8 as well, also with no luck.