Re: [pygame] New member

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 10:16 -0800, Old man Randal wrote:
> And would someone please suggest a
> nice Python game (based on pygame or other) that might build and run in Cygwin.
>  I would like to show my 12 son what great fun Python is.

You just need Python and Pygame to run the games. Simple double-click on
the main *.py file will run the game.
The Python installation is equally easy:
http://www.python.org/download/
http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml

I was most impressed by game Dynamite. It is excellent game build in one
week:
http://www.pygame.org/projects/21/123/

Another good game is Snowball:
http://www.pygame.org/projects/20/121/

I would suggest to start with something simple. Keep it 2D, it is very
easy to blit images in Pygame.
I started with my younger brother with Worms clone:
http://kvik.sh.cvut.cz/~opi/python/#pyworms
The later games were build by himself.
It helps when someone teach you how to write the first 100 lines of code
(= simple game). No one wants to read documentation without knowing WHY.

--
Ivo Danihelka