Re: [pygame] Galcon released

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 11:27:04AM -0800, Bob the Hamster wrote:
> On 12/9/06, Phil Hassey <philhassey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Richard,
> >
> >I think it might work in wine, but I don't know for sure ...
> >
> >Is there a "py2exe" out there for linux stuff?  If there was,  I might be
> >able to put together a linux package of it.
> >
> >Phil
>
> There is a common misconception among developers who come from a
> Windows background that you cannot distribute commerial programs for
> linux because there is no way to "bind them into an exe"
>
> You can easily make a tarball containing your .pyd files and not your
> .py source code, and sell that to Linux users.

I think you mean .pyc (or .pyo) rather than .pyd (which is used for DLLs
used as Python extension modules on Windows).

I've heard that it is pretty easy to decompile them back into .py files.

Marius Gedminas
who is currently unable to see what everyone is talking about, since
there is no Linux version of Galcon yet
--
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.