Re: [pygame] Galcon released

On 12/12/06, Bob the Hamster wrote:
> You can easily make a tarball containing your .pyd files and not your
> .py source code, and sell that to Linux users.

I always think of packaging a game as finding the dependencies and
specific versions of components I tested with and distributing those
along with the game content and code, and  putting them in a package
with a simple and obvious way to run. Basically making it as easy as
possible to run it the way I intended and have it all just work...

shipping a bunch of .pyc or .pyo and the appropriate .pyd and .so
files in a tarball doesn't really do all that does it? I mean, isn't
there still the challenge of knowing what files need to be included
(and what shouldn't) in what structure? Also, how would you clearly
define the entry point if all you ship is a tarball? can a tarball
also have a "run" action or something like that?