Re: [pygame] Galcon: Price / Uninstall

Hey,

Sorry - but the price is going to stay.  However, several people have wanted to buy "in bulk" so their whole gaming group could play.  I set that up yesterday.  For that the first copy is 19.95, the next two are 14.95 and all the rest are 9.95.  (So if you buy 8 copies, you can get all of them for $99 - quite a price drop for buying as a group!)  From what I've researched -- this is one of the best "group buy" deals around.  Also - media folks are free to contact me for complimentary registration codes.

Galcon does save a bit of app data in the usual place in windows (your home / Application Data / Galcon.)  It doesn't put any junk in your registry.  That way, when folks re-install, etc their settings are remembered not erased.

Thanks!
Phil

Kris Schnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After recommending Galcon to a friend, I discovered that he writes a
college newspaper column about "The Best Games You've Never Played." He
mentioned that he would consider writing about Galcon, but "only if they
reduce the price." He compared it to DefCon, a game by a professional
studio that has a demo and is actually cheaper.

On another note, I uninstalled the game after playing it too much (it's
exam period!), but got bored tonight and installed it again, only to get
told my demo period had expired and I'd be denied some features even
versus the regular demo. What this tells me is that Galcon failed to
uninstall cleanly when requested, leaving behind some hidden file or
registry setting that will presumably be stuck on my computer until I
find it. How can this problem be fixed? I've passed this concern along
to my friend as well.

Kris