Re: [pygame] Adding Wii Remote support to pygame

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
I was considering using the pySerial module, because I hear you can use this to communicate with bluetooth devices as well.
I couldn't get the Wii remote to register a COM port, though, (through the windows Bluetooth stack manager thing). It seems to me that the way pySerial would interface with the device is that windows has some intermediate layer that pretends to be a serial port but actually forwards all communications from this 'virtual' port to the bluetooth device.
Does anyone know if this is correct?
Do you have to have the bluetooth device pretending to be a serial device in order to use pyserial to communicate with it?

I'm afraid ot's serial-over-Bluetooth and not the other way around. So you can get a serial port device connected via Bluetooth (like most mobile phone modems do) but you can't interface an arbitrary Bluetooth device via a serial port.

Perhaps I'll try to write a C-module that can do this and wrap it in Python? I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Is there anything similar to libusb (a crossplatform library for talking to arbitrary USB devices from userspace, i.e. with out writing your own device drivers) for Bluetooth? Using such a thing would be a way to implement this.

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr CÅapa