Re: [pygame] Fwd: Please hear me out.

Lamonte(Scheols/Demonic) wrote:
... or maybe you are some forum modder or developer who just wants to
promote something you are working on?
^^
Please don't make false accusations about me. Its really disrespectful.
Please don't come on our mailing list and say your PHP forums are superior.
It's really disrespectful.

Example of a great PHP help forum:

http://phpfreaks.com

On 12/17/06, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/16/06, Scheol Service <scheols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know that there is a mailing list and etc.. for Pygame support but
> there are other people knowing answers to questions to some noobies
> like me have and others know the answers and the support team doesn't
> always have time to answer right away so im thinking if you can start
> a forums based bulletin board on the pygame.org site /forums for
> people to help people with there pygame questions.

what makes you think that a forum would help with getting questions
answered "right away" compared to a mailing list?

In my opinion, an email to a mailing list is read much sooner and more
reliably than any forum posts. Plus I've never seen a forum that I
didn't think was mostly off-topic.

I'm curious too, do you have questions about using pygame that you
want answered? If so, why don't you go ahead and ask them on the
mailing list and see if you get a good answer?

... or maybe you are some forum modder or developer who just wants to promote something you are working on?