Re: [pygame] Fwd: Please hear me out.

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
Lamonte(Scheols/Demonic) wrote:

... or maybe you are some forum modder or developer who just wants to
promote something you are working on?
^^
Please don't make false accusations about me. Its really disrespectful.

Please don't come on our mailing list and say your PHP forums are superior. It's really disrespectful.

Every now and then, someone posts a message to some mailing list or newsgroup to the effect of "Why don't youze guys have a forum? It'd be much more 133t!" followed by a long and heated discussion about the relative merits of web forums vs. lists and newsgroups. As a result, some of the regulars tend to get a bit sensitive about this kind of posting.

The only argument I've seen that might have some merit is that
a web forum is likely to attract a different audience, i.e.
those that are not familiar with the world of usenet and mailing
lists. The downside is that you risk splitting the community
into two parts that never talk to each other.

There's a solution to that, though -- a web forum that is
gatewayed to and from a list or newsgroup. Then everyone can
choose their preferred method of participation.

It's unlikely that anyone who is comfortable with the existing
mailing list would be motivated to set it up, though. It would
have to be done by someone who really wanted it.

Build it, and see if they come...

--
Greg