Re: [pygame] PyOpenGL and win32screensaver

What kind of side effect should I expect from the OPENGL flag? Any ideas/workarounds?

Happy Everything,
Thanks, Ken!

Okay, you asked for a workaround :)

Don't use win32screensaver!

If you just create a py2exe of your program, rename it to .scr, and put it in the right folder, it will work as the screensaver.
Now, you won't get to create a cool demo in the preview window.
Whenever your program's run, Windows will pass it arguments. SO when it's passed the -p, or whatever the 'preview' argument is,
just do nothing.

This should eliminate all conflicts, and you don't have to do any weird hardcoding of values!

However, as I said, no preview. Also, it doesn't pack everything into a single EXE. Well, that's why it's called a workaround!
By the way, does win32screensaver create a single file? I don't really want to take the time to check, so if you could just answer that for me it would be nice.

Also, remember you have to handle the inputs yourself.
I don't know if win32 screensaver exits on mousemovements or whatever, but your program won't if you just py2exe it.
You'll have to check for mousemotion events, or keypresses, and whatnot.

Anyway, HTH,
-Luke