Re: [pygame] Anyone using PyMedia?

On 12/25/06, Ken Seehart <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to use PyMedia.  All I need is to process a sequence of video
frames as strings in 24 or 32 bit (RGB or RGBX) format.  It was pretty
easy to do with pygame.movie, but my program needs to run on windows,
and pygame.movie doesn't work on windows any more.

Unfortunately, PyMedia is not nearly as easy as pygame.movie to use.
Has anyone had any luck with it?

Heh.
The documentation on that module is pathetic for how useful the module itself is.
Have you tried reading it anyway? or trying to find information from looking at the tutorials?
***Note:  a lot of the tutorials actually don't work.  they declare variables and then don't use the right name later in the file, and such.  it's really ridiculous because these are syntax errors and they could've caught them just by running the scripts.  also a lot of the logic in the tutorials seems to be faulty.  Some of the tutorials didn't run even when the variable problem was corrected.

Okay, I'm done complaining.
Good luck with it, I may try to help more once I get back in front of a Python interpreter.
I'm on vacation right now.
Well, as much of a vacation as a student with no job can have over winter break ;)
I'm on vacation from my vacation, or something.

But yeah.  If you can ask specific questions that arise while you're reading the documentation, that would be nice,  because I think everyone would have their own places where they get confused, trying to learn that library :)
Maybe I'll take the time to write some working tutorials later in the break, and I can write up a big explanation.  I'll definitely let you know if I do.

- Ken

-Luke