Re: [pygame] rc 3. please test windows installer.

As with Willem, .png's are still throwing the pygame error with "Unsupported imgae format"  .jpg files, are giving a whole new error now though.

>>> a=pygame.image.load('left.jpg')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#5>", line 1, in ?
    a=pygame.image.load('left.jpg')
error: Failed loading jpeg.dll: The specified module could not be found.

This was after an uninstall of 1.7.1 and an install of 1.8rc3.  (At the end of the error line, '\r' character is drawn, being just a square, maybe an IDLE problem, maybe an error with the error message)

Saving .png's and .jpg's no longer throws an error, and does save the image (didn't check image alpha values, just the image being saved).

Appreciate the hard work over this holiday time!

David ----

On 12/25/06, Willem <willemsh@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
René Dudfield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this one fixes the problem on windows not loading jpg, and png images.
>
> Hopefully this should be the last rc.
>
> Cheers,

I'm sorry but it still doesn't work for me. I'm using Python 2.4.3 on
Windows XP Home. With the rc3 still get the "Unsupported image format"
error. But when I revert to the 1.7.1 it works again. I tried deleting
pygame folder on sites-packages and reinstalling but no luck.

Could it be a dependency problem?  What possible check could i do to
know why it's failing?

Thanks for the hard work and merry christmas!

--willem