Re: [pygame] Why does my spherical object vibrate?

David Gowers wrote:
(AFAIK there is no upward force though;

Yes, there is -- there must be, otherwise the ball would
be subject to an acceleration and would move.

The physical origin of this force is the electrostatic
repulsion between electrons on the surface of the ball
and those on the surface of the ground. The two objects
come to rest just close enough together for this force
to equal the force of gravity.

Every
time I look at my mail I see this conversation, read the subject line
rather differently than you intended, and delete it. And then someone
posts another reply, so it appears again.. ._.

I've re-worded the subject to help break this cycle. :-)

--
Greg