Re: [pygame] Why does my ball vibrate?

On Dec 2, 2007 7:00 PM, David Gowers <00ai99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe this is the most reliable solution.
> (AFAIK there is no upward force though; it's more to do with the
> pressure the object exerts being insufficient to penetrate the ground.
> So for a simple physics simulation, this solution is also more
> correct.)

But there IS an upward force, at least as far as my memory of the
physics I learned.  The whole every action has a reaction business.
If the ground were mobile, that gravity force down would cause the
earth to move down with that same force.  Since the earth can't move,
it pushes back with the force of gravity.

It has been quite a while since I was in physics, but that's how I remember it.

> Matt: I assume you didn't mean to use a suggestive subject line, Every
> time I look at my mail I see this conversation, read the subject line
> rather differently than you intended, and delete it. And then someone
> posts another reply, so it appears again.. ._.

I never once read the subject line in that way, but now I can't help
it.  Thanks a lot.

LOL