RE: [pygame] Tactics Game Demo

Wow. I wanted to program something similar to the framework you have implemented.  Looks like I can just use your's instead.  I have to say that it can lead to many interesting RPGish tactical games in the near pygame future.

> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 04:10:51 -0500
> From: kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: [pygame] Tactics Game Demo
>
> At  is a playable
> demo of a quick-and-dirty tactical combat game in the style of "Final
> Fantasy Tactics" and "Disgaea: Hour of Darkness." I did this for
> practice; check out the included source (mainly acorn.py) for the game
> framework I ended up using. The framework code is also available at
> .
>
> Gameplay:
> Hit a key to start. Move your characters (the raccoon team) to valid
> spaces, shown in blue, then either attack a target (in red) or click on
> the character themselves to defend for the next round. Your team has a
> fast (overpowered, really) scout, a "heavy," and a healer who does
> negative damage. Defeat both enemies to win.
>
> Known problems:
> -Escape quits, but only during the brief pauses between characters'
> actions. I should probably have all unhandled events passed back to the
> main event-handler so that Esc keypresses are always handled.
> -NPCs just stand there and attack if you're in range. This is a result
> of the NPC AI not having been fully built.
>
> Screenshot:
>

> "You've gotta be kidding! Level 4000?!" -Laharl, "Disgaea"

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect