Re: [pygame] PY2EXE and Modules

Hi Dave,

    The example I did download and use was the one for the console. I also
downloaded the batch version, modified it so I can run and install things
using just the batch file command line options.

    I noticed when looking at the examples that it has several commands to
use for directories and such but no explanation on the format and usage.
Search everywhere and could not find one doc on PY2EXE.

    My batch file I have either asks you to enter the stuff on the command
line or I import and install the stuff via a external file and all that
works, but no module directory. My batch file makes, builds the setup.py
file needed for the compile.

    I can compile a simple program with external modules. That works also
but still can not load my external modules that I have made to use so the
main program does not have a long list. I just need to know how to import
the modules and data files. For I also have sound files to import along with
the modules I have made.
    I am not talking about third party modules, just the one I use for my
game, like sound.py, quadrants.py, init.py...

        Bruce

Bruce asked about py2exe:

>     Does anyone know of a tutorial or explanation of the commands and
> where
> they are used?

I assume you've already grabbed the sample from the PyGame Wiki:
http://www.pygame.org/wiki/WindowsExecutables_Py2Exe

Are you having trouble with importing modules? Py2Exe has a pass where it
determines dependencies, which in my experience just works.

-Dave LeCompte