Re: [pygame] pygame.display.set_icon()

    I've never had any of those problems (except the static, see below), but I've noted that setting the caption and icon before initialising the display has the benefit of not having a window with "pygame window" and the pygame icon pop up and change.  It comes up smoothly, with no changing.
    The staticy problem might be caused by your icon size.  Play around with it.  sometimes 15x15 works and sometimes 16x16.  32x32?  However, if a surface with one color is still staticy, I don't know your problem.
    Apparently, Windows fails at resizing images...
Ian