Re: [pygame] So can anyone confirm, does pygame work with python 3?

On, Mon Dec 08, 2008, Rene Dudfield wrote:

> hi,
>
> kind of(no).  There are branches for python3 stuff in svn started
> about 7 months ago... both Marcus and Lenard have done work on it -
> but I don't think anything is complete.  We have also been preparing
> for py3k by improving our unittests significantly.

The pgreloaded branch received an update some hours ago, which
stabilised several parts of the Python 3.x compatibility system. Most
should work now, though there might be problems with non-ASCII file
names using an encoding different from UTF-8 (on both sides, Python and
pgreloaded).

Many parts also might be unstable (due to a lack of tests), but the
basic examples and tests available work just fine.

Regards
Marcus