Re: [pygame] Ncurses RTS?

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 05:34:30PM -0800, Yanom Mobis wrote:
>    I know this doesn't actually involve pygame, but I was wondering if it
>    would be possible to use the Python Ncurses module to make a realtime
>    strategy game. Something in the vein of dwarf fortress (you can see
>    screenshots at: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/screens.html ), but more
>    of a traditional RTS than a rougelike/citybuilder game.

I am sure you could, but one word of warning is that python's standard
curses module doesn't have a Windows version last time I checked
(*checks again, yep*)

There is a wcurses work-alike module that you can find, although IIRC it
has some minor differences that you will have to keep in mind if you
want your game to work cross-platform.

Gosh I love/hate Dwarf Fortress :)

---
James Paige