[pygame] Re: installing pygame with MIDI on OS X

In article <1355218272851-399.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 argle <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Russell,
>
> This sounds great! I've tried running your installer but it claims to need
> "System Python 2.7". I do have Apple's own Python, which is v2.7.2, on my
> system, but I assume your pygame installer is looking for a different type
> of Python installation... which installation is it looking for (Homebrew?
> MacPorts?).

It wants python.org's python for Mac OS version 10.6 or later. This will
be installed in /Library/Frameworks.

(I think the message about "System Python" is a glitch in bdist_mpkg,
the package I use to make binary installers).

-- Russell