Re: [pygame] installing pygame with MIDI on OS X

Is there any way of installing pygame on OS X (10.8.2) which gives a working
MIDI installation? If I call pygame.midi.init() I just get the "ImportError:
No module named pypm" error, presumably because there's something wrong with
the portmidi install.

I've tried:

i) Running the pygame-192pre-py2.7-macosx10.7.mpkg installer.

ii) Installing brew, doing 'brew install portmidi' and 'brew install
mercurial', then installing pip and doing 'sudo pip install
hg+http://bitbucket.org/pygame/pygame'.

Both of these give the same error.

Richard

I was able to build pygame for python.org python for MacOS X 10.6 and later that includes portmidi. I made a binary installer and it's available here:
<pygame-1.9.1release-py2.7-python.org-macosx10.6.dmg>

I was never able to build portmidi for python.org's MacOS X 10.3 python and later; something about the setup is too old for the portmidi files that are provided, though I don't know if it's an intrinsic limitation or something odd about the way the portmidi make files were created.

-- Russell