Re: [pygame] Draft PEP 3156 -- Asynchronous IO Support Rebooted

David Burton wrote:
Re: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3156/

Early draft PEP 3156 defines an event loop for handling asychronous I/O.
 I've not looked at it, but my guess is that this could be problematic for
compatibility with pygame, which uses thinly-wrapped SDL events.  Perhaps
someone from the pygame community should be a part of that conversation?

Looks to me like this shouldn't be a problem:
- You can already splice together with Twisted's event loop.
- Having to splice communication and user interface loops is a common thing.
- They even discuss this issue right at the start of that PEP's introduction.

If anything such standardization aught to make it easier to work with multiple event loops.

-Jasper