Re: [pygame] A quick 1.9.3 release

On 25 December 2016 at 21:32, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think we should rotate who does the release... so more people can get the hang of it, and so we can better document it as we go.

+1. I see two keys pieces that we need to streamline for this to work:

1. PyPI access. At the moment, only you (René) and Paul Craven can upload releases, and only you can add new people. Please can you add some more uploaders, e.g. Peter Shinners, Lenard Lindstrom or myself. And can you give at least one other person the 'owner' role, which allows them to add other uploaders in the future?

2. Github mirroring. You had an automatically updating mirror under your username, but it stop updating some time ago. I've been manually updating my own mirror to build the OSX wheels. I'd like to have a mirror under the new pygame-org Github org I created, and have the automatic updates running somewhere where multiple people can fix it if it goes wrong.

Any volunteers to be the next release manager? We can guide whoever it is through the processes (and document the bits that aren't documented)

I'm happy to do it in principle, but I'm checking email quite sporadically over the next couple of weeks because of Christmas and New Year's celebrations. So if somebody else can spend more time working on it, it's probably best for them to do this release.

Thanks,
Thomas