[pygame] broken links, event handling vs "getting directly" and screen refresh

1) All the "Tutorial/Introduction" links on the documentation page
(http://pygame.org/docs/index.html) are broken.

2) In http://pygame.org/docs/tut/newbieguide.html, it says that using
the event system isn't always the best way to go.  In my case, it's ok
if I miss a mouse click once in a while, but I don't want latency
creeping in, so I initially decided to avoid the event system.  However,
I'm noticing that if I obscure my game window with another briefly, I
don't get window refresh until I redraw the whole window.  Would this
problem be easier to solve if I were using the event system?  That is,
is there a "time to redraw the whole screen now" event?  Or is it "just
taken care of somehow"?  I'd kind of like it if something remembered
what the screen looked like and repainted it for me, so I don't have to
talk to my subprocess asynchronously.

Thanks for the great software, and thanks (I hope) for answering #2.

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS