From: owner-pygame-users@seul.org [mailto:owner-pygame-users@seul.org]On
Behalf Of Nicola Larosa
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 11:17 AM
To: pygame-users@seul.org
Subject: [pygame] Life with PyGame

Hi, been lurking 'til now.

Got something to show you. After installing Numeric Python I noticed a nice
optimized implementation of Conway's Game of Life, the one about cellular
automata. It displays characters on the console, and I thought it would be
neat to use PyGame, so I stole some code from arraydemo.py and produced the
attached file.

It doubles the image dimension to make the dots more visible, and starts
with a random configuration. I did not get quite right the computation of
the color of the dots, they come out green on 8 bit depth, white on 16 bit,
and yellow on 24 bit. :^)

Any comments welcome, obviously. Enjoy.

--
"I was wondering if there's any kind of definitive nickname for Perl
programmers, the way we call ourselves Pythonistas?" - Aahz Maruch

Nicola Larosa - nico@tekNico.net