Re: [pygame] ** OT ** - Want to set up a project web site - need advice.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:30:07AM -0500, Chris McCormick wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	Sorry for the off-topic nature of this post, but I figured that you guys would be likely to have the answers I need.
>
> 	I'm getting a few requests for a release of my fledgling RPG code.  Ideally, what I'd like to do is have a small web site where I can drop the code, and where others can grab it, play with it, and update it.  I'd
> like something like the CVS-type sites on Savannah.  Unfortunately, I can't get CVS to function at work, because we have the port blocked on our firewall.  I could just dump the code as a zip file somewhere, but then
> I lose the versioning, which is really important, as my code changes frequently.
> 	Is there a decent solution that would provide versioning through a standard HTTP port?  If not, what would you guys consider to be the least annoying way to release code that changes quite often?  Zip the
> the whole package (including files that haven't changed) and date the zip files?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

Generally, if your firewall admin is intentionally blocking a protocl,
it's best not to try to do an endrun around that policy.

However, in this case outgoing cvs over ssh should be pretty safe.
Incoming cvs is another matter - it's purportedly got security problems.

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS

PGP signature