RE: [pygame] Life with PyGame

Yes, I was 32-bit.

>Under python 2.2, 2**32 will automatically be promoted to long on overflow

I thought so - I don't have Numeric under 2.2 at the moment.

Looks like I need to get 2.2 numeric anyway, seeing that's
where I have the latest pygame...:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pygalife.py", line 123, in ?
    main()
  File "pygalife.py", line 116, in main
    showcells(cells, screen, white)
  File "pygalife.py", line 98, in showcells
    pygame.surfarray.blit_array(screen, scaleup)
AttributeError: 'pygame' module has no attribute 'surfarray'
>Exit code: 1

I can see the beginings of Python's own version of "DLL hell" -
we'll need GUID-based imports or explicit versioning soon...

mike

>I'm guessing there's no reason not to make it a long, like "2L**32".

Under python 2.2, 2**32 will automatically be promoted to long on overflow.

--David

me@davidglasser.net