Re: [pygame] pyui and other things

"""
Fourth question:
in pygame, which way do you think is better in order to implement the event
handling code for a movie player?
I mean, separate thread, or other things?
There is some info in the pygame tutorials, but I'd like to hear from
people that uses pygame.
"""
Im not exactly sure what you mean by 'event
handling code for a movie player' but I assume stuff like play, stop and
pause with a pygame game.

Playing mpegs directly on the display surface messed up the mpegs event
handling and produced some rather weird results, so I avoided using it. I
found the best way to handle mpegs in pygame was to render the playing
frames to an off screen surface then blit them to the display surface as
required or every game loop. Event handling worked well this way and it
produced a more stable movie.

Thats from my experience with Pygame and smpeg, but you might be talking
about external movie playing with threading, for which I have experience
with.

Anyway hope I helped
Andy