[pygame] framerate & non-blocking tick()

Hi;

Working on the pygsear library (http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/)
I finally came to the framerate-insensitive light as you all
had recommended. I just have a few questions:

- I still have a lot of code that can be used to move things on
a per-frame basis, as opposed to moving per-time. Is that
ever useful? Or should I move to all by time?

- Any use for a non-blocking Clock.tick()? I use it for updating
a cursor as quickly as possible while still keeping the rest
of the game going at a reasonable rate, like this:

clock = pygame.time.Clock()
while 1:
if clock.tock():
everything.update()
else:
cursor.update()

If that looks useful, I can take a poke at the C code and see
what I can come up with... ;-)